Registration: Begins June 8th and continues until August 7. To register, visit the library to pick up a reading folder kit which includes a list of rules, information, and reading logs.
For the Every Hero Has A Story! Club (ages four through eleven, and who are read to or are independent readers.)
1. Each week that you read for 100 minutes or more, you can earn a coupon (limit one per week) for a free media rental redeemable at the Phoenixville Public Library for a video game or a feature DVD movie or an audio book), You participate by registering at the library and getting a reading folder with a “100 minutes” reading sheet. Show us the sheet when you visit the library – we will stamp it and you will receive your coupon.
2. You can also record each book, ebook, or audio book that you read or listen to that is related to our theme. (Details will be in your folder.) Then bring the reading log in to be verified, and you will receive a raffle ticket for each reading item toward final prize drawings.
3. You can also receive a raffle ticket for each library event you attend at the from June 22 through August 7. Just ask for a ticket when you attend.
For the Early Literacy Club (ages birth through three or four and who are read to by someone else.)
1. Read to the child for ten minutes each day (total 50 minutes a week) and record it on the “50 minutes” reading sheet. Or participate in one of the activities on the activity sheet in your folder and record it. When you visit the library, show us the minutes sheet or activity log and you will receive a coupon for one free DVD or video game or book on CD rental (limit one per week).
2. You can also receive a raffle ticket toward final prize drawings for each library event you attend from June 23 through August 8. Just remember to request a ticket.
We also have Unmask! which is our summer reading club for teens. Please check the teen calendar for details. This reading club is conducted online.