Registration begins June 13th and continues until August 12th; you can join at any time during the program. To register, visit the library to pick up a reading folder kit which includes an explanation of how it works, reading logs, and other information.
For the On Your Mark, Get Set…Read! Club (Kindergarten through Grade Five and who are read to or are independent readers.)
1. Each week that you read for 100 minutes or more, you can earn a coupon for a free media rental (for a video game or feature movie DVD or an audio book) redeemable at the Phoenixville Public Library. You participate by registering at the library and getting a reading folder with a “100 Minutes” reading sheet. List your reading on the sheet, present it at the desk when you visit the library; we will stamp it and you will receive your coupon (limit one per week).
2. You can also record in your Reading Log each book, ebook, or audio book that you read or listen to that is related to our theme. (Details will be in your folder.) Then bring the Reading Log in to be verified and you will receive a raffle ticket for each reading item toward final prize drawings.
3. You can also receive a raffle ticket for each library event you attend at the library from June 13 through August 12. Just ask for a ticket when you attend.
For the Early Literacy Club (Birth through ages 4/5 and who are read to by someone else.)
1. Read to your child for ten minutes each day (total 50 minutes a week) and record it on the “50 Minutes” reading sheet. When you visit the library, show us the Minutes sheet, we will stamp it, and you will receive a coupon for one free DVD or video game or book on CD rental redeemable at Phoenixville Public Library (limit one per week).
2. There is also a sheet in your folder with activities you can share with your child. When you complete one of the activities on the activity sheet in your folder – note it on the sheet. Bring it to the library on your next visit, verify it with us, and you will receive a raffle ticket toward prizes raffled off at the end of the summer.
2. You can also receive a raffle ticket toward final prize drawings for each library event you attend from June 13 through August 12. Just remember to request a ticket.
We also have Get in the Game-Read! our summer reading club for teens. Please check the teen page for details or contact us at 610-933-3013 x 124.